Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The common nod...

I find it very funny how we address people who we really don’t know or even the people we do know. You all know what I am talking about. Everyone has their “walking through the hall gesture.”

For examples: Levi opens his eyes really wide and high by raising his eyebrows and then lowering the eyebrows. It is incredible how brilliant we are at reading peoples face gestures. You don’t even have to know Levi to know what each actions means. We all know how to translate them. As the eyebrows go up its, “ Yo what up homy gee ” , but then what does it mean when he puts the eyebrows back down? I will tell you, “ Yeah your really not cool enough for me to stop walking and talk to you.”

So right now you should take a moment to forgive him…

My all time favorite…the common nod. It’s the ultimate face and head gesture showing that you at the most are just acknowledging someone you kind of sort of saw or met one time.

Well that was awkward. I guess I just started doing the common nod thing repeatedly since I am writing about it and then I looked up while doing the common nod and saw my teacher looking right at me. I think my social status points just went way down. Oh well, at least I don’t care about my self-image (that is such a lie I am so insecure right now).

Is the common nod just a cover up of our true intentions? I think we all just like looking at each other and our insecure part of us has to stumble lower than dirt and do the common nod. I mean obviously guys like to look at girls and girls like to look at guys and sometimes the other way around (Levi I know what your thinking). So why don’t we just be open to each other. When we pass someone through the hall lets say, “ Hey man what’s up”, and then we can state our reason for looking at them, “ You look nice today”.

This idea might be weird. Because if your reason for looking at that person is because they have a zit then you just might want to go ahead and do the…

Common nod

2 comments:

Ted Kriwiel said...

THat may be the best post you've written. It was perfect. To the point well written

Levi said...

It is amazing the revelations that God has given you. You are kind of like a Solomon of our day. I have never told anyone this, but I really do think "Yo what up homey gee?" every single time I raise my eyebrows. I'm amazed.