Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Shoe laces

I at an early age wanted to learn to tie my shoes. So I would pester every living being at my church tell they blew up with irritation of my squeaky voice. I had a strong desire to learn and explore the challenges of life. At my clear age of 4 the hardest thing to do was to tie my shoe. It just fascinated me how people could just bend right over and grab the strings flying freely in the air and twist them this way and that tell they made a nice neat bow. So one day at church Jamie Koplen tried to teach me his shoe tying skills. I tried forever but I could never quite get it right. I would watch him do it and then quickly try and repeat exactly what he did. I failed to accomplish the task of tying my shoe by my own brainpower. I eventually came to the place of so much irritation about not being able to tie my shoe that I started contemplating suicide, but then I realized I would really miss eating chocolate so I decided to stick around a little longer.

One day I was at a prayer meeting with my dad and some other gents. You can by now already guess what was going through my head, “ Okay so the big loop goes over there and the little loop goes over there and then pull! Dang shoes! I will never amount to any thing!”. Eventually I stopped with the shoes and began to pray. Even though I started to pray I still couldn’t stop thinking about the shoes. So I decided that I was going to ask the Lord to help me. I said a little cute prayer that got straight to the point, “God help me tie my shoe”. Then I tried tying them one more time. “ I tied my shoe!” I shouted aloud in the middle of the prayer meeting.

The great lesson in this boring story about my shoes is that the Lord answers prayers. It does not matter how big or how small it is. The Lord just wants us to make Him first in our lives.

3 comments:

Hayley Fellers said...

Well Done, and Amen.

Ted Kriwiel said...

Hayley..."Well done"?

What is he your slab of steak?

unbelievable

I'd say medium rare Sam.

For bloody good post

Matt Taylor said...

lol love the pun Teddy.

good topic though Sam, its the truth we must align our will with His will.

Also Sam i thought of you when i saw this:

I couldn't quite remember how to throw a boomerang, but eventually it came back to me.